Hi Everyone, I'm making up for lost time ---- 2 blogs in a week !
Todays card is my entry for The Sunday Stampers Challenge titled ' Anyone Who Had a Heart', if you would like to see Hels Sheridans blog and the other entries click on the link. http://pinkleart.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/sunday-stamper-week-296-anyone-who-had.html
Acrylic Paints in Hansa Yellow, Birch, Viridian, and Deep Madder.
White card 15cm square
Core'dinations card in deep red and dark teal
Claudine Hellmuth stencil Summer Garden
Corrigated Kraft card
scraps of card for 2 hearts in co-ordinating colours
Words cut from an old book or printed onto card from the computer
Memory box Die foliage/vine
Heartfelt Creations stamp set Sun Kissed Fleur
Treasure Gold in Olive Bronze
Decoart Metallic Lustre in Black shimmer
Distress inks in Bundled Sage, Peeled Paint, Aged Mahogany, Pumice Stone and Stormy Sky
Archival ink pad in black
Clear embossing Powder
Pro-markers in pink shades
To start with I made the background of the picture from a ghost print taken from the Gelli-plate. This was inked up 4 separate times with the acrylic paints listed. The first print taken of each colour ended up too dark for this project, but the second pulling, being the ghost print I felt was perfect.
I then cut the houses from the various card listed and the hearts were cut from the patterned card.
The Core'dinations card was sanded quite hard to give the old, worn look and the roofs were rubbed with the treasured gold and then buffed with a soft cloth. The houses were then assembled and the brads attached as door handles. The printed background was then trimmed to size and a little stormy sky ink was applied to the top with a blending tool and a little bundled sage and peeled paint to the bottom before sticking the houses on. I then repositioned the stencil over the fence at the bottom of the picture and spread some grunge paste that had been coloured with the hanse yellow acrylic paint, with a palette knife. Once this was dry I rubbed on some metallic lustre over the grunge paste and this too was buffed when dry.
The stencil was repositioned again this time over the centre of the large flower on the lefthand side and a little aged mahogany was applied with a make-up sponge just to hi- light the centre.
The flowers were stamped in black archival ink and then embossed with the clear embossing powder. These were then coloured with pro-markers and cut out. The centres were hi-lighted using the stickles in burgundy. A few stems of vine were cut using the Memory Box die and then the flowers and trailing vine leaves were stuck in place.
A little pumice stone ink was applied from the chimneys to give the impression of smoke. The words Home is Where The Heart is were then trimmed to size and stuck in place. The completed picture was then mounted onto some red Core'dinations card before being attached to the blank greeting card.
This is a card that was made for a close friend that is moving house today, it's a real 'touchy, feely ' card as the acrylic paint gives a grainy texture, the grunge paste fence is raised and a little on the rugged side and then all the elements are made from different textured paper stock. I hope you can get a true impression of this from the photos. Well I must fly as I hadn't realised how long I'd been tapping away at the computer. Hope you all have a good week and hopefully see you back here soon for some more crafty antics. Thanks as always for stopping by and reading this blog, I hope its been of interest to you, have fun crafting Jane x
PS Do leave any comments at the bottom of the page or any questions if you have any.