Thursday 24 July 2014

"Come Fly With Me" Tag

After spending a few days away in a gorgeous spot in Cornwall -------


It's now back to the normal routine of work, housework and the most important part playing and getting inky and painty!

I was lucky enough to be last months winner of the Tando-Creative challenge so was eager to play with my prize which fitted in very well with their new challenge so here is my entry for 
"Come Fly With Me"


I started by painting the tag with a coat of Fresco Chalk Acrylics in Inky Pool, then once dry a coat of Americana Weathered wood but not adding this to the top left-hand part of the tag. Once this was dry I painted the whole tag with a coat of Fresco Chalk Acrylics in Nougat.

The area where the weathered wood was not applied I then lightly sanded to reveal some of the inky pool.

I then stamped the hot air balloon from the PaperArtsy  Hot Picks 1106 onto clear shrink plastic using Versa-Magic Ocean Depth and Brilliance Starlight Black ink. This I left over night to dry and punched a small hole at the top before shrinking with a heat gun.


Next I stamped Lady's Mantle from Clarity Stamps on the side using versa-mark ink and clear embossing powder.

The fern leaves were added using the ocean depth ink and the waste part of a fern leaf die by Memory Box.




 The dots were added using the Tando-Creative Sequin Waste mask and the ocean depth ink.


I then applied a couple of strips of Tim Holtz tissue tape to the top right part of the tag.

Now onto the Butterflies which were part of my goodies, these are from the mini set and I used a small, medium and large. These were first given a coat of white gesso, then I dabbed on some Zesty-Zing acrylic paint to give a slight texture.


You can pick up the texture in the close up photo.


Once this was dry I then over stamped using InkyDoodles Text Background and Archival Watering Can ink. The edges of the butterflies and the tag were lightly inked with Brushed corduroy Distress Ink.


3 gems were then stuck on the centre of each butterfly.
The 2 small tags were cut from Tim Holtz die Tiny Tabs and Tags, one was stamped with Take Flight from InkyDoodles Happiness is-- stamp set and Fly was applied using rub on letters. Both small tags were then inked round the edges with the brushed corduroy.

A length of jute ribbon was used for the top of the tag and to attach the 2 small tags and the shrink plastic balloon was tied on with some navy thread.

Before attaching the 3 butterflies I coloured some floristry wire with the brushed corduroy ink and then twisted it around a cocktail stick and this was used to connect the butterflies.


The blue of the inky pool and the ocean depth really makes me think of the beautiful sea at Cadgwith Cove.



Well I hope you are managing to keep cool during this very hot spell, take care and thanks as always for stopping by. Hopefully we will meet up again soon, Happy Crafting. 

All comments and messages are much appreciated, bye for now Jane x











1 comment:

  1. Your tag is gorgeous and I'm so glad you enjoyed playing with your prizes. Those butterflies are so versatile aren't they? Thanks for joining this month's challenge at Tando.

    ReplyDelete