Hi everyone and a very happy thursday evening to you all. Todays offering was inspired by Liesbeth Fidder's Altered Canvas over on PaperArtsy's blog, to view this click on the link ;
The Main Items Used
10cm x 10cm canvas
Thin scraps of wood
PaperArtsy Stamps Lynne Perrella Collection LPC011 and Jofy 28
Small amount Lace
Archival ink in Jet Black and Sepia
PaperArtsy Grunge Paste
Clarity Brick Stencil
Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics in Blush, Inky Pool, Zesty zing, Mermaid, French Roast, Nougat and Snowflake
Distress Stain in Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs
Distress Inks in Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Brushed Corduroy, Pumice Stone and various shades of green
Treasure Gold in Sapphire and Ruby
DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Black Shimmer
Dylusions Alphabet border small Stencil
To begin with I gave the canvas and the strips of wood a coat of gesso. Once dry I stamped randomly some text with walnut stain onto the wood and then added some ink to the edges to give an aged look.
I then coloured the white lace with some watered down distress stain.
Now using Liesbeth's idea I stamped the image from LPC011 collection in jet black ink onto some crumpled tissue paper. Once completely dry I attached it to the canvas using some watered down PVA glue.
If you look hard at the stamped image you can see there is some ripples in the tissue paper----
I then heated it gently with the heat gun and hey presto it became completely smooth!
Before reading Liesbeths blog entry I would have tried stamping straight onto the canvas but I am so pleased with the effect the tissue paper gives.
Next I added the honeycomb using the sepia ink and a stencil on the plain part of the canvas, and the grunge paste was smoothed throughout the tiny squares on the Dylusions stencil. Once this was dry I added the colour to the canvas using the chalk acrylics.
I then added some odd stamping using pumice stone ink and the edge of the V from the stamp with the 3 crowns on the set.
The lace was added as the curtain and then the wood was attached to form the window frame.
I then raided the button box and found a rose shaped button but it was a revolting pink so it was given a coat of copper paint and then hi-lighted with the black shimmer wax.
The grunge paste was hi-lighted with the sapphire treasure gold.
Next using a piece of white card I then made the brick effect with the grunge paste and the brick stencil. Once dry I cut it to shape and gave the whole piece a coat of watered down acrylic paint.
The bricks were then coloured with D.I. and hi-lighted in places with the ruby and black shimmer waxes.
This was then attached to the canvas raising the corners to the same level as the wood with some double sided foam.
I then stamped several ivy leaves from the Jofy stamp set and coloured them in with various shades of distress ink. These were then cut out and curled to give some shape and form. I found some dry thin sticks and added these to the bricks before attaching the leaves and a few rose buds.
Once these were all added I kept starring at the piece but felt it still need something----
and then decided on the banner with "Dream"
I would like to enter this for PaperArtsy's weekly Challenge,
and Sunday Stampers titled 'Knock on Wood"
Well it's fast approaching the week-end so I hope you all have a peaceful and restful time, thanks as always for stopping by and hopefully we will meet here again soon. Take care and enjoy some quality crafting time Jane x