Monday 11 August 2014

Faceted Cone for Favours or Presenting a Gift

Sunday I was having a play with shaving foam and alcohol inks prepping a batch of background papers and I was just about to clear everything away when I thought hmmm, what would kraft paper look like dipped in the foam mix----- well I quite liked it. So I decided to put it through the Brenda Walton's Sizzix die and make a cone.


The Alcohol inks I'd used were cranberry, mushroom and eggplant. After cutting the cone from the kraft card I decided on a plain deep mauve for the base part.



The top edge of the inside of the cone was stamped with Lavinia mini hearts in Versa-Magic Perfect Plumeria, to add a little interest to the inside.

I then stamped along the top outer edge of the cone in versa-mark using the Lavinia trailing leaves from the recent Magazine free gift set. This was sprinkled with Judi-Kins Embossing Powder Sticky Stuff, once heated this remains sticky so you can then sprinkle on gilding flakes, glitter, mica powders etc. I chose Distress Glitter in Antique Linen but wasn't completely happy with the colour so I then brushed it over with Perfect Pearls in Heirloom Gold and that made a huge difference.


Next just up from the bottom of the cone I stamped small mushrooms also from Lavinia Stamps in Brilliance Crimson Copper and lightly brushed parts of them in Cosmic Shimmers Antique Red mica powder.

The fairy Mia was stamped in the centre in Adirondack eggplant and once dry the wings were high-lighted with Stickles in crystal. I also added a few drops of fairy dust in the Stickles. 
The cone was then assembled but I felt is needed some form of embellishment so I stamped the Spiral of Spells in jet black Archival onto some frosted shrink plastic, cut it out, punched a small hole before heating. I made a small rose from waxed craft paper, using Tim Holtz tattered floral die, passed the die cut petals through an embossing folder and then spritzed with various coloured perfect pearls.
The very tip of the cone was dipped in pva glue and then dipped into pale mauve glitter. Ribbon was tied to make a handle at the top and fastened with a pearl bead each side. the shrink plastic spell was attached using bakers twine and the rose was glued in place and a small bow added behind the rose. 


Wouldn't a little girl love to be given this with a few sweets in or even a pack of Loom Bands which are all the craze at the moment!


I would like to enter this into Lavinia Stamps monthly Challenge titled ' Add Some Glitter '

Right I must away as the tomato plants are calling me to water them. Thanks for stopping by today I hope you have a good week and all of your comments are greatly appreciated. Take care, Jane x







1 comment:

  1. I think it would be the perfect treasure holder for a little girl - may be for a big girls too :) Many thanks for joining the Lavinia Stamps challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete