Monday 16 November 2015

Festive Heart

Good evening and welcome, hope your Monday has gone well so far. Today I would like to share a christmas heart I've made over the weekend using Lavinia Stamps and some lovely christmas fabric my daughter bought for me.


I started by stamping 'Believe' onto some natural coloured calico which had some iron-on interfacing on the back. This really stabilises the fabric when embroidering.


This was left for a couple of hours to ensure the ink was completely dry before stitching the outer edge of each letter.


Next I cut a heart from a scrap of card to use as my template to cut from the material. The calico was then stitched to the front of the heart before cutting to size and fraying the edges.

The heart was then stitched on the wrong sides, turned inside out and stuffed.

Using the smallest of the Lavinia snowflake stamps I stamped onto some frosted shrink plastic in archival watering can. This was cut out and a small hole made before heating and shrinking.


Thread was added and 2 brass bells.


The heart was finished with some grosgrain ribbon and a small satin ribbon bow.

I have made hanging hearts for decorations other years and they tend to all be on the traditional side but I am very pleased with how this has turned out and this fabric has so much detail printed on it, it's fab!

I would like to enter this for Lavinia's challenge 11 titled Christmas. To view the DT's inspiring samples and the other entries click here.

Thank you for stopping by and a big thank-you for all the lovely comments on my last couple of posts, they are very much appreciated.

Take care and have a good week Jane x








7 comments:

  1. This is really gorgeous Jane and we are very glad you shared it with us. Thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck. Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Jane!!!...
    I dream of being able to stitch like you do... Unfortunately I have not your talent (even no talent at all!), but I miss it... nobody has learned me how to sew, my mother hated that!
    Thank you so much also for your lovely comment on my blog yesterday. Take care too, I love all what you do. Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Project Jane..... It is so nice to see you using the Stamps in something other than a card..... Brilliant Idea .....Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck ..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely gorgeous project, I love the addition of the little bells! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely gorgeous project, I love the addition of the little bells! Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of work gone in to this one, and what a stunning result! you must be very pleased. Many thanks for entering the Lavinia Stamps Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete