Friday 6 November 2015

'Winter Frost'

Hi and welcome, today has been a very wet and humid type of day so entering a piece for a challenge titled 'Winter Frost' seems a tad bizarre, but I'm sure it won't be too long before 'Jack Frost ' gets his brushes out!


This card I would like to enter for Crafty individuals November challenge, to view their DT's samples and the other entries click here.

I started by rubbing some charcoal onto a sheet of medium weight white card which was placed on top of a piece of material so as to gain some texture.


This was then stamped and heat embossed with platinum EP. I masked the very centre off so as to leave a clear space to then stamp the word Peace in ocean depth ink and then clear embossed. 


Some of the flowers and leaves were then coloured in using Distress Markers, glitter was added to some areas and a little Inka Gold in Platin.

The card blank and hand-made blue paper were cut using dies and all stuck with double sided tape.


I had stamped a spare piece of charcoal card so decided to cut-out and add a couple of flowers and leaves to give some depth to the piece.

Next I stamped the tags onto white card in versa-mark and heat embossed with white sparkle EP. These were then coloured with Distress Inks.


The christmasy embellishments were cut, stamped, glittered and embossed before attaching to the card.


It was not an easy piece to photograph to capture all the sparkly glitter.


But I was pleased with how it turned out and then made another in a different colour combination.


For these cards I used the following stamp sets from Crafty Individuals 443, 446 and 447.

Well there are fireworks being set off outside in peoples gardens and my dinner smells like it's ready so I shall away!

Have a great weekend, many thanks for stopping by and hopefully we will meet up again soon. Take care Jane x








6 comments:

  1. A lovely combination of stamps and the floral border is coloured so beautifully and the sweet addition of the stamped tag.
    Thank you for joining the November challenge at Crafty Individuals.
    Good Luck.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very pretty and festive card Jane and I like the charcoal rubbed background too! Thanks for joining in the CI November Challenge. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane, Hope all is well. Gorgeous card. Fabulous the effect you have created with the embossing and coloring. The flowers make a perfect frame for the sentiment. Those Curly Words are great aren't they. I am using those at the moment. Really enjoyed reading your post. tfs. Thank you for playing along with the Crafty Individiuals November Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane!... Hope your dinner was good.. :)
    Well, this is not the most important.
    The most important is that I simply ADORE your card!!!!!
    The floral arrangement with the large word Peace at the center is very clever and so beautiful, thank you for this wonderful entry to the challenge and great inspiration for all of us I think..
    At least for me, I love both cards!!! (also your background using charcoal is fantastic, thanks for the tip).
    Have a beautiful Sunday, hugs Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card... I especially like the platinum embossing.
    Effie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and elegant card... love it!
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete