Sunday 23 July 2017

The Colour Aqua

It's been a couple of months since I last did a blog entry, I must admit in the summer months most of any spare time is spent in the garden---- which is lovely. Anyway today is damp and overcast so I decided to go to the craft bench and get "mucky".


The theme over on the PaperArtsy blog is Aqua and as this is my favourite colour felt I really should make something to enter. The very first picture on the site got my creative juices following as I love how the coppery brown tones gives the whole picture warmth, so here is my inspiration.


The main image was made from Yupo coloured with alcohol inks


and white card coloured with Fresco Chalk paints.


The main image from ETS10 stamp set was stamped in Versa-Fine black ink on both pieces. In hindsight it might have been better to use Archival ink as the Yupo took ages to dry-------- over 4 hours!!!
The image was then cut out and layered. Before attaching to my card I stencilled some sunbursts using Stencil Girl's S008 stencil and Distress Oxides in Fossilized Amber and Broken China.
After attaching the cut out image I added a few dots of Liquid Pearls for added texture.


Finally the very edges of the card had a light touch of the Broken China ink just to draw the eye in.


Well I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend, take care and thanks for stopping by today.  Jane x






7 comments:

  1. OMG I keep forgetting about playing with YUPO!! I adore how yours turned out and those stamps look superb on top!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning and so creative...thank you for sharing this beauty...love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jane. Super design. Fabulous effect on the Yupo.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love this card Jane. Happy crafty weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely backgrounds with the alcohol inks and chalk paints! Not crafting so much these last few weeks, it's just been too hot!

    ReplyDelete