Monday 23 June 2014

Customised Ink Pads


Hi to one and all and phew, what a hottie--- all very well if you are on the beach but I don't recommend working in greenhouses for a living in this weather! As much as I love the plants I think I need watering more than they do.

Todays tag was made from the spare card left from my last blog ( details of paints and stencils can be found in the previous entry titled "Life is too short to be anything but Happy") which I trimmed to size, punched a hole and added a ring made of kraft card to reinforce the hole ready for the ribbon.


The dots were already on the card and I randomly stamped the wire in Pumice Stone ink. The letters at the top left were added using grunge paste through a Memory box stencil called Alpha Worn Out. Once dry I inked all the edges and the grunge paste with Bundled Sage ink before replacing the clean  stencil and lightly touching the letters with Treasure Gold wax in Olive Bronze.

 Then using PaperArtsy stamp set Jofy 12, I stamped the stems in Peeled Paint ink without inking the leaves as these were not required. Next I brushed Peeled Paint ink through a honeycomb stencil to add a little more interest and depth.


Now onto the making of the ink pad.
I cut a piece of Cut n Dry Stamp Felt from Ranger and to this I added drops of Ranger Distress Re-inkers in Peeled Paint, Broken China and Festive Berries. This was left for 25-30 mins for the inks to soak in and blend into each other. 



Then I used it as normal for inking up the stamps, using the Jofy set again but this time the leaf and the oval flower head were stamped onto white card. These were then embossed with clear embossing powder whilst still wet .


Next I cut the leaves and the flowers out, coloured the very centre of the flowers with a pencil and then coated the centres in Glossy Accents. The leaves were inked lightly with peeled paint.

The fuchsia pink felt flowers were cut using 2 Sizzix Movers and Shapers Dies and were then attached to the top of the stems with Pinflair glue. Once the glossy accents was dry the stamped flower heads were then stuck onto the felt, and the leaves were curled before attaching to the stems.

The decorative edge on the bottom of the tag was cut using Tim Holtz on the edge Ornate Die.

The sentiment was a stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Studio 490 Flower Art set and was stamped in Versa-mark and white embossing powder onto kraft card that had been cut using a Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Die. I went around the edges of the kraft card with a black pen to help draw the eye in. This was glued in place and finally I attached the metal leaf from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Foliage pack.



The home made ink pad will keep moist for a couple of months or more if kept in a sealed cellophane bag.

I would like to enter this tag for Hels Sheridan's Sunday Stampers Challenge titled "Green".

I hope there has been something of interest in todays entry to you and thank you for stopping by. Please leave any comments or queries at the bottom of the page, it's great to hear your thoughts.

Take care and have a good week, bye for now Jane x







3 comments:

  1. Love all those different layers and textures you created... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag. I'd forgotten about making the 'rainbow ink pad' Thank you for the reminder. I like your 3D flowers, too. That's a good idea. Thanks, Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, it's funny how we move on with different techniques and then something jogs the old memory and it's great to go back to 'an oldie' . That's part of the joy of reading other peoples blogs I think, thanks for the comment x

      Delete