I stamped the image onto calico that had been backed with some iron-on interfacing using a water based ink.
Following the design was actually easier than it first looked.
Once completed I cut around the image and frayed the edges slightly. I then decided to turn it into a tag.
For this I started with a Ranger large black tag and applied thin brush strokes of Fresco Chalk Acrylic in Guacamole, Chartreuse and Zesty Zing. Once dry I embossed the tag with Tim Holtz Notebook embossing folder and lightly sanded odd areas.
Then using white embossing powder and Lavinia's bubble stamps added random bubbles to the tag. The bubbles were then filled with Glossy Accents.
Next I stamped the smaller of the 2 flowers twice onto the tag in Pearlescent Olive ink and clear embossed. Then added a few toadstools using the same ink and powder. After heating the embossing the powder I applied some Treasure Gold in Olive Bronze.
Before attaching the embroidered flower I added touches of Inka Gold in Platinum to parts of the bubbles.
Although its hard to pick up in the photos there are lots of different textures to this tag which I really like.
I would like to enter this into Lavinia's Challenge titled 'Lemon and Lime'.
Thanks for looking today, if you like embroidering do have a look at your stash of stamps!!!
Have a good week, take care. Jane x